Sunday 2 January 2011

Coastal Scents: Winterberry and Think Pink

Hi ladies! Finally starting on the huge amount of posts I have to do on my Christmas pressies, hehe. First up, I've got the Winterberry and Think Pink palettes from Coastal Scents which I received from my boyfriend as part of my Christmas gift from him. I've been wanting to try out Coastal Scents for ages now so I couldn't wait to play with these lovelies!

Winterberry (left) and Think Pink (right) :

Winterberry Palette:
I haven't got the names/numbers for any of these, because when I opened up the box I was just too excited and took them all out and put them into the order I desired, lol, but if you want info on specific colors, just check out the Coastal Scents' website!

Swatches: these are all swatched with NO primer.

First Row:
(top to bottom = from left to right in the palette)

Middle Row:
(top to bottom = from right to left in the palette, LMAO, I know, I did these swatches in such a confusing way, please forgive me, hehe) This is definitely my favorite row out of this palette. I love purples, I think they're so flattering to brown eyes, and I can't wait to use these for some looks.

Bottom Row:
(top to bottom= from right to left in the palette)

Think Pink Palette:
I was kind of disappointed with the Sleek Good Girl palette (the pinks just aren't wearable enough for the eye!), so when I saw this palette full of WEARABLE pinks, I was very excited and knew I had to have it. The middle row, the matte shades, all look as though they'd be amazing as blushes!

Swatches:

Top Row:
(top to bottom=from right to left in the palette)

Middle Row:
(top to bottom=from right to left in the palette) With the exception of the light pink color which you can barely see, the rest of these colors swatched beautifully.

Bottom Row:
(top to bottom=from right to left in the palette) My favorite row out of this palette! I think the coral pinks are just gorrrgeous. I'm hoping they'll look good on the eye! If not, I could always mix them with some clear lip gloss and make a nice lip color with them.

Which was your favorite out of the two? I can't pick!

7 comments:

  1. These palettes look great! I really like the Winterberry one! You will be able to do a lot of great looks with these palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow amazing palettes, need to order these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look awesome I think the winterberry is my favorite of the two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the bottom row really does look gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Winterberry better, because of middle row, which is oh-so-gorgeous, and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love coastal scents and these pallets are beautiful. I'm gonna have to get these☺

    ReplyDelete