Wednesday 23 February 2011

Budget Beauty Buy's

That's a mouthful! Tehe. Today while I was in Sainsbury's, picking up some things for dinner (we had Quorn "chicken" patties with cheese in them with red pepper pesto on top with mashed potatoes on the side, yummmmmy!!) I couldn't help but look at the "girly" sections. You know, skincare, bodycare, etc. A couple of deals caught my eye and I couldn't help but take advantage of them.

Biore Pore Perfect Daily Deep Pore Cleansing Wipes: 1.99 pounds
I just ran out of my Simple cleansing wipes and saw these Biore ones on sale for 1.99 when they're usually around 4 pounds. I figured I couldn't pass up that deal! I've never used them before but I did rather like my Biore cleanser and still love their moisturiser, so I went for it. Besides, I'm not too picky about my cleansing wipes usually. Although most nights they're all I use. =X And I wonder why my skin is horrid! ;)

*DO NOT use these to wipe off your eye makeup! I just used them now and owwww. Lol. They have lil exfoliating bumps in them, which hurts the sensitive eye area, and also one of the main ingredients in these wipes are alcohol so my eyes stung from that. But I liked them for my face! JUST NO EYES, hehe.

Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll-On in Fair: 5.04 pounds

Also, I saw the Garnier 2 in 1 Tinted Eye Roll On for dark circles with caffeine and lemon extract. I've heard so much about the regular version of this one, which was also on sale for about 5 pounds (usually sells for a lil over 10 pounds) but I had to try this one. I figured it would be perfect for those days when I don't want to apply "real" concealer, because I heard this doesn't have the best coverage.



Swatch (top=blended out, bottom=heavy swatch):
On both eyes:
On left eye, nothing on the right eye:
As you can see, my right eye without the roll on has some slight purply-ness going on, haha. But the left side looks much better!

Close up of the eye WITH the Garnier Tinted Eye Roll On:
Close up of the eye WITHOUT the roll on:

I tried it out when I got home and I think it has its pros and cons. Its cons being that I can see this thing making a bit of a mess! I only used it once and already excess product is coming out so you have to be careful when closing it back up. Also, this definitely isn't something you just roll on and you're done. I wouldn't even say you'd roll it on, it's more like a tap because you really don't need much product. You also need to blend it in rather well. But saying that, it blends like a dream and I did notice a significant difference between an eye with the roll on and an eye with nothing on. Saying this, I don't have intense dark circles, so if you do, I wouldn't recommend this because it's NOT full coverage. But overall, I really like this. I've been having trouble getting my current concealer (one from 17) to blend without looking like a mess, so I'm going to start using this everyday as my undereye concealer and we'll see how it goes!


BUT, would I pay full price for this? Probably not. 10 pounds seems a bit extreme to me for a concealer that isn't even full coverage, but then again it does contain ingredients that are meant to de-puff, which I can't comment on at the moment, so perhaps it is worth the price. But if you can find it on sale, I'd say go for it!


Well that's it. I just wanted to let you in on a few bargains I found so that if you're interested you can take advantage of them yourself. =) Have you found any good bargains lately? Do tell!!


No comments:

Post a Comment