Sunday 20 February 2011

Collective Haul: Boots and Superdrug

Hi ladies! Today I've got a bit of a collective haul to show you. It's not THAT big, it's just from two trips to Boots and Superdrug, but I figured I'd show you anyways!

Boots:
Before work a week ago or so, I popped into Boots in hopes of finding a moisturiser to replace my almost empty Biore one. While I do rather like the Biore moisturiser, it's a bit pricey for what it is (around 8 pounds and it's a relatively small bottle) so I was sure I could find something similar for less. Of course I grabbed a few other things as well, because I wouldn't be a beauty junkie if I didn't!

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Nose Pore Strips: 4.59 pounds
I've been curious to try some nose pore strips for awhile now, so I picked up these ones because they were cheap enough! The first time I used them, nothing happened. BUT, the second time I used them with more success. I think the problem the first time was my nose wasn't wet enough. But this time, there was a good amount of dirt pulled out! And don't we all just love the satisfaction of looking at all the dirt we successfully removed from our pores? No? Just me? Haha. Upon looking at reviews, some people said they work even better when you're fresh from a hot shower, because your pores are open, so I'm going to try that next time!

Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Moisturiser: 4.07 pounds
In the end, I picked up this moisturiser to replace my Biore one. It was half the price AND you received about 25ml MORE of product. I've used this a couple times now (I'm still scraping out the last bits of my Biore moisturiser because I like to get the most out of a product that I possibly can, hehe) and as of now, I'm quite sure it works just as well as my Biore one, but I'm going to keep using it and see what I think.
17 High Gloss Nail Polish in Sphinx: 3.49 pounds
I couldn't help but grab this nail polish as well. It looked like such a lovely color and 17 are a very affordable brand, so I figured why not! (I say that a lot...)
While I still think it's a gorgeous color, I'm just not sure if it suits my skin tone. What do you think?
Superdrug:
The other day after work I went into town because I wanted to have a look at the new Sleek Primer Palette. I haven't been impressed by swatches online, so I wanted to see for myself. But, when I got into Superdrug I saw that they were all sold out. So I didn't bother swatching the tester because I didn't want to end up loving it and then not being able to buy it! So instead I went over to the Accessorize makeup because I've been dyyyiiiing to try some things from that range for awhile now. Isn't that always the case?

Accessorize Merged Blusher in Starlet: 5.50 pounds
Out of all the products, the merged blushers were the ones I've been wanting to try most. In the end, I picked out this one because I love me some pink blushers. I used it the other day and loved the pink glow it added without making me look like a disco ball or something.

Swatch:

Accessorize Icon Eye Shadow in Champagne: 4.00 pounds
There was a lot of pretty colors in terms of eye shadows, but I decided to grab one that I've actually use. I wore this over MAC's Bare Study paint point the other day and thought it brightened up my eyes. Not as well as Sin from UD, but that's okay!

Swatch:
Accessorize Nail Polish in Storm (bottom) and Magical Mocha (top): 4.00 pounds each
Sorry for the ugly tape marks all over them, but you know how Superdrug are, they tape everything to death. Which is all well and good to stop people from opening them in the store, but it certainly makes it hard to open them once you've bought them....Anyways, I'm slowly building up my nail polish collection and decided to add these two to it!

MUA Mascara in Shade 1: 1 pound
Everyone goes on about how they use this to set their brows and that they love it, so I gave in (I mean, it's only a pound!!) I don't normally do anything with my brows (makeup wise, I mean gosh I'm not an animal, I do pluck them! Haha) but they can go a bit crazy during the day so I figured I'd try setting them bad boys with this! I found that throughout the day they did stay in place so I'm rather impressed.
Well that's it! What have some of your recent buys been? Hope your weekend is going well!!

5 comments:

  1. nice haul, the accessorize stuff is so pretty. i've been thinking of getting a brow set but not wanting to splash out too much so the MUA one sounds like it could be for me :D x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to try the accessorize blusher!!! i think this will be i my next superdrug haul xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've used this simple moisturiser and i quite liked it. is better than their new anti blemish one (more mattifying).

    great blog btw - am following now :)

    xx

    beautyandmakeupboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool thanks for posting! I love seeing new things

    ReplyDelete