Wednesday 2 February 2011

January Favorites

Hi ladies! Today I've got my January favorites. There's quite a lot, largely because I never did a December one, and because there's so many things I've found over these past two months that I'm quite happy with and want to share with you!

Eye Products:
I've been using a variety of eyeshadows this month, but the ones I've been most impressed with are the Beauty Rush Luminous Shadows from Victoria's Secret. They're such pretty colors, very pigmented, and I got them for an amazing clearance price! I guess I was just a bit shocked that I liked them so much, because I never thought highly of VS and their cosmetics, but now my mind has changed. Also, I've been loving MAC's All That Glitters, it's a lovely everyday color, great for the lid.

I've also been using Benefit's Stay Don't Stray as my everyday primer for my eyeshadow and I love it. Reminds me a lot of UDPP in Eden, but kind of better!

Swatches:
Lip Products:
LIP BALM! Especially the ones I got from The Morbid The Merrier. I swear, they're the most moisturizing lip balms I've ever used and they smell amazing. Pictured I have Spiced Pear and Caramel Apple, my favorites from the bunch I bought. I also used quite a bit of my L'Oreal Lip Conditioner for when I wanted something a bit glossier on my lips.

I've also been loving my MAC lipsticks in Snob and Myth, BUT, with a pink lipgloss over Myth! I'm not brave enough to wear it by itself, but I do love wearing it with a pop of color over it, specifically my NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Salsa.

Swatches:
Face Products:
Back in December, I purchased my first liquid foundation and I was quite lucky it was one I turned out to love. I just feel like it covers really well and the color matches me very well too. I received the L'Oreal primer for Christmas and love that as well. It smoothes my skin out sooo well and minimizes the appearance of my pores, which makes a great base for my foundation. Shockingly, I also love using my 17 Hide Away concealer for under my eyes. I initially hated it, because I had bought it with the intention of using it on my blemishes, but when I finally used it a couple weeks ago under my eyes, I was quite impressed with the results. Finally, I've been using my Dandelion blusher for that nice flushed cheek.
Opps, forgot to include this one in the photo above, but I've rediscovered my love for my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. It keeps me oil free for just as long as my Bare Minerals, but is far less expensive. So I reckon when I run out of my Bare Minerals, I won't repurchase. =O

Brushes:
My ELF Studio Powder Brush is great for applying powder, but I've recently started using it for my foundation and love the finish it provides. Finally, I love my Kat Von D eye brush set. The pouch keeps them safe from dust, and the quality of the brushes it really up there! It's all I use for my eye makeup now.

Fragrances:
When I first smelled DKNY Be Delicious, it wasn't what I expected, I expected something a bit more obviously apple smelling, but this has really grown on me. It's a feminine yet sophisticated apple scent and I realllly want to get the pink one because I smelled it in store a lil while ago and it smells so good. Also, my boyfriend's sister got me a gift set of Boots Natural Collection body sprays, and this one has been my favorite from the bunch. Can't really explain the scent, it just smells fresh! I like spraying it on after a shower.

Misc:
I've been using these Shine Erasers every day when I'm not wearing makeup, because my face will get quite oily. They absorb oil pretty well, but they're not the BEST I've ever used, but they are the cheapest priced. AND FINALLY, my Fresh Market Apple hand sanitizer. Almost done with the bottle, and I love using it after eating out or after being on the tube, cos we all know it gets a bit icky.

That's it! Share any of the same faves as me?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Stay Don't Stray, but it's so pricey I don't think I could rebuy! And that NYX lipgloss looks gorgeous, great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nyx lipgloss is the best. ;)

    Follow me if u want:
    lady-flower123.blogspot.com
    I'm following u now ;)
    xoxo ;*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nyx lipgloss is the best. ;)

    Follow me if u want:
    lady-flower123.blogspot.com
    I'm following u now ;)
    xoxo ;*

    ReplyDelete
  4. The VS eyeshadows look great! I haven't tried any of them yet. And I'm definitely going to have to order some lip balms from TMTM next time I place an order!

    ReplyDelete