Tuesday 8 February 2011

Cherry Culture Haul : NYX Goodies!

Hi ladies! Feels like I haven't blogged in ages, hehe. I went back to my boyfriend's parent's house for the weekend and didn't have my laptop to blog with, but I'll have a post on what I brought in my travel makeup bag (aka: a plastic bag that I put into my purse, haha). But today I have my Cherry Culture haul! They were doing a Valentine's Day sale for 20% off and a lot of the NYX products were already on sale anyways, so it was double savings, so I couldn't resist grabbing some products I've been wanting to try for awhile. It took some time to dispatch, but once it did, the shipping time was quite good. I show the prices below, but I got a discount of $6.90 off the total price so it was only 20 something pounds in the end, including shipping. Anyways, let's get onto what I got!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils: $3.50 each
Cottage Cheese:
Yogurt:
Pots & Pans:
Swatches:
I've heard numerous good things about these pencils, so I had to try some for myself. They're very pigmented and I could see them working great as a base, but I would recommend a primer underneath them because I hear they crease otherwise.

NYX Round Lipsticks: $2.50 each
Honey:

Unfortunately, this really doesn't suit me. I was hoping for a nude color that I could wear without feeling like I needed a gloss over it to add a bit of color, but I'm not sure this is it. It seems like it's more of a nude color for darker skin tones. Oh well, I'll see if I can make it work somehow!

Thalia:

A pretty pinky mauve color. It seemed a bit darker than I had expected from swatches online, but I still like it!

Narcissus:

A BRIGHT pink, haha. Definitely a lipstick for the brave.

Paris:

Overall, the NYX lipsticks are very pigmented and very moisturizing, so I understand why they were always raved about.

Swatches:

NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss: $3.99 each
Smokey Look:

Beige:

Bit of a silly name for a pink lipgloss, LOL. I love both of these and think they have great pigmentation for a lower end brand.

Swatches:

NYX Rouge Cream Blush: $6.00
Rose Petal: Finally, I wanted to try out a cream blush. I still haven't tried it on my cheeks yet, but like all the other products, it's very pigmented and it's also very easy to blend.


Cherry Culture Bubble Gum Lip Balm:
And finally, this was a free gift that came with the purchase. It's okay, not amazing, and doesn't really smell like bubble gum, but guess you can't complain with a free lip balm!

I went shopping with a friend of mine today, whooopsie, so I'll have another haul post up soon!! What do you think of NYX products? What are some of your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. thanks for your review / swatches!!
    I love Paris lipstick.
    If you want a nice nude lipstick, check out Circe, Summerlove by NYX (in my blog you can see my post about these shades)
    xoxo

    http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Haul.
    thanks alot for the swatches

    ReplyDelete