Friday 11 February 2011

What's In My Makeup Bag?

Hi ladies! Tonight I've got a post on what makeup I brought back to my boyfriend's parent's house last weekend. I didn't want to pack much, since it was only for a few days, so I only packed what I felt was essential! It was challenging, hehe.
Eyes:
Naked Palette: What more do you need!?

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero: My favorite liner for my water line, so of course I brought it along.

17 Wild Curls Mascara: I've been going through phases with the various mascaras I own (I'm currently loving my L'Oreal Telescopic), and last week I was loving this one, but again it's annoying me because for some reason the brush randomly catches up my bottom lashes and it KILLS and makes a mess, haha, does that happen to anyone else ever?? I think it's cos I have small eyes.

Kat Von D Eye Brush Set: All you need for your eye makeup!

Notice I didn't bring along a primer. I thought the Urban Decay shadows wouldn't need it, but I kind of regret it now, ah well! I now know for next time. ;)


Lips:
Morbid The Merrier Lip Balm in Spiced Pear: Smells amaaazing. I didn't feel like bringing any lip products so I just brought along a lip balm!


Face:
MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15: Brought this for all my concealing needs: under eyes and blemishes.

Revlon Photo Ready in Vanilla: I know I've been loving mixing my two foundations, but it seemed a bit silly for this trip, so I just brought this one since it matches me pretty well on its own.

Bare Minerals Foundation in Fairly Light: One of my favorites for setting foundation. Keeps me oil free all day and adds a bit more coverage than a translucent powder would. I also brought the brush for applying it with.

Sephora Primer: I had a sample of this from when my sister ordered my Christmas gifts from the website, and decided this was the perfect time to use it because it was tiny and great for travel. I certainly prefer my L'Oreal primer to this. This one is really quite gelly in consistency and gives me the feeling it's kind of oily, even though it does leave the skin matte. Not sure how to describe it, I just prefer the creamy texture of the L'Oreal primer!

What are your makeup essentials when on a short trip away from home?

5 comments:

  1. When I go away I try to bring makeup that doesn't require brushes. I can usually fit it all in a small makeup bag. I bring a tinted moisturizer, Revlon cream blush, liquid highlight (Either Boots no 7 illuminating lotion or the highlight side of my maybelline age rewind concealer, revlon age defying concealer, benefit creaseless cream shadow, jordana fabuliner (pen style liquid liner), Rimmel Lash Accelorator, maybelline define-a-brow pencil, MAC brow set, and a lipstick that is usually maybelline color sensational in pink please because it goes with everything. It sounds like a lot, but it's just a full face that fits in a small bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official. I'm buying the KVD brush set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i often bring blushes that have brushes attached along with them LOL to save some space...

    i'm interested in the mac concealer you mentioned now :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I'm a huge fan of Naked and the UD pencil in Zero too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blogg, big fan :)
    Your stunning btw x
    izzy http://belleoftheblush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete