Monday 28 March 2011

4 For The Month: March Recap

Hi ladies!


As we're nearing the end of the month, I've decided to do my 4 For The Month Recap. If you're unsure of what Challenge 4 For The Month is, check out my previous post, HERE.


So for the month of March I decided to try and get regular use out of these four products:


Sleek Storm Palette, NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal, MAC Shy Girl Lipstick, and NYX Smokey Look Mega Shine Lipgloss.

Swatches:
The 4 shadows I used the most this month out of the Storm palette:
Swatches:

Sleek Storm Palette:

Out of all the products, this was the one I stuck to using the most. Up until last week, I was using this every time I wore makeup. I didn't make much use of the bottom row, but I loved using the top row, specifically the first four colors, because I tend to stick to neutral eyes on a daily basis. I used the second color on the inner lid/brow bone, either the fourth or first on the outer lid, and the third color in the crease and I thought it made for a really pretty natural but brightening eye. I definitely think this is the best palette Sleek offers!


MAC Shy Girl:

Once again, this month I didn't wear lip products that often. I wore them more often than last month, so I'm getting a bit better! Haha. There's no denying this is a gorgeous color, I guess I just wish it was a little more pigmented. I'd love a lovely pigmented coral/peach color, especially for Spring time! But this is just perfect for a subtle Spring coral lip.


NYX Smokey Look Mega Shine Lipgloss:

Anytime I wore Shy Girl, I wore this over top. Just in the middle of my bottom lip and then I'd smush. I think it's a perfect match for Shy Girl and just makes the color stick out even more and shine.


NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal:

Sadly, I didn't make much use out of this. I was naughty and used powder blushes. Anytime I reached into my blush drawer, I'd see the cream blush and pass it over, just because I felt like it'd be too much hassle. I'm not sure why though! I forced myself to use it the past two days and really liked it. Maybe I'm just too lazy for my own good. ;) Either way, it's SUCH a pretty color and goes along very nicely with Shy Girl and Smokey Girl. Put those 3 together and you're all set!


Shy Girl, Smokey Look, and Rose Petal on my face:

(check out those brows...SORRY! lol)

Overall, I'm glad I started this challenge. It's definitely got me using things and forcing myself to assess whether or not I really to purchase certain products and whether or not they suit me.

I'll be picking out my next 4 items for April soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love Smokey Look- it's one of my favorite glosses ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do this! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might seem silly, but I totally love the background you used for your product pics! I don't know what it is but those flowers are adorable :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brittany Anne: Haha thanks!! It's the top of a box from Paperchase, they do such prettyyy stationary bits. :D

    ReplyDelete