Tuesday 1 March 2011

February Favorites

Hi ladies! Today I've got a post on the products I've been loving in February. I can't believe it's March! We all know what that means....soon we'll be getting lovely and warm weather! Hopefully anyways. Spring/Summer are always so gorgeous in London. I love going to the parks and just enjoying the weather and I can't wait to do that again this year.

Eyes:
Nothing too fancy this month, which I feel was my motto for the majority of this month with all my makeup. I did very neutral eyes and often didn't bother with a crease color.

L'oreal Telescopic Mascara: I like mascaras with thinner/smaller brushes (like this one) because of my small eyes because it makes application easier. While the brush is a bit flimsy, which I feel leads to some minor clumping, it's fine when you wiggle it about.


NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese: I've been using this in my inner corner to make my eyes pop. I've used it once or twice as a base, but I do prefer using my MAC Bare Study paint pot instead when going for a neutral look.


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Eldorado: When I felt like adding some fun to my eye look, I'd line part of my lower lash line with this pencil, in place of a white pencil like the one above.


MAC Satin Taupe: Such a lovely color for all over the lid, and then I work it up into the crease for a really simple look.


MAC Bare Study Paint Pot: I've been using this just about every time I've worn eye makeup. I always put it on over a primer though, just to be safe. I find it adds a bit more of a pop of color to any shadow I put over it, whether it be Satin Taupe or Sin from the Naked Palette.


Lips:
Once again, I've kept it very simple this month with the lips.


MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass: I really haven't been wearing much on my lips this month, because anytime I've gone out I've been going out with the idea of stopping to grab a coffee and I haaaate when I get lipstick all over my coffee cup, haha. So instead, when I have worn color, I've just worn this lipglass because it's such a gorgeous color and it's easy enough to wipe off before I sip.


Nivea Milk & Honey Lipbalm: Been using this pretty much daily. The scent has grown on me. I'd still love for it to smell like Lush's Honey I Washed The Kids though...:D


Face:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Buff and Revlon Photo Ready in Vanilla: For the majority of the month, I've been mixing these two foundations and feel it gives me such good coverage. The only con being it can feel a bit heavy, so on days when I don't feel like slapping on so much makeup, I'll only wear the Photo Ready.



Body:

It's Raining Men Shower Gel: MMMMMM is all I need to say, really. Smells amazing and leaves the skin feeling soft. The scent lingers on your skin once you leave the shower as well, which I love in a shower gel.


The Body Shop Love Etc Perfume: I've been favoring this over my DKNY perfume. I can't help it, it just smells sooooo nice. I really do need to get the full size at some point...


What were some of your favorites this month?


*I have a nail polish in the first photo, but then I realized it was one I actually used in January, not February, so I didn't end up including it in the rest of the post. Thanks to my lovely sister for pointing that out!

4 comments:

  1. Aaah I really want Viva Glam Gaga lipglass :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satin Taupe looks like such a pretty color! Great February favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've to try Satin Taupe after hearing so many raves about it :) great faves!

    ReplyDelete