Tuesday 22 March 2011

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation Review

Hi ladies! FINALLY, I've got my review on the Vichy Dermablend foundation. I didn't want to rush my review until I'd found out how it best works on me and how I truly feel about it. And now I'm confident in saying it's my go to foundation for every day!


Quick Facts:

14.30 pounds for 30ml

Available in 5 shades

Hypoallergenic

Non-comedogenic

Non-acnegenic

Oil-free

Fragrance-free

Tested on sensitive and delicate skin

SPF 20

DOES contain parabens

12 hour coverage



Price:

Drug Store: Revlon Color Stay = 12.49 for 30ml

Vichy Dermablend=14.30 for 30ml

High End: MAC Studio Fix Fluid=19.50 for 30ml


It's pretty much right in the middle (in terms of price) of a high end foundation and a drugstore foundation. You get the same amount of product for each, but pay almost the same for a drugstore product and far more for something like a MAC foundation. Overall, I can't complain about the price, especially for such a full coverage foundation.


Packaging:

I'm rather happy with the packaging. I hate when a product has no pump, because I always pour out too much product, but a squeeze tube works just as well for me, because I can control the amount that comes out, especially since it's a very small hole. I imagine though, that when it nears the end, it might be kind of hard to get product out, but I'm sure I'll manage.


Product:

It's advertised as a full coverage foundation and definitely lives up to its name. Sadly, I guess I was expecting EVERYTHING to be completely covered, but for darker spots, they still shine through a little, but I can mostly cover them up with concealer. I use about two pea sized amounts for my whole face, but if you had better skin than I, you'd really only need one pea size amount, because as everyone says with this foundation, a little goes a long way. I was afraid this would be too thick or cakey for an all over foundation, but it's definitely not. And even if your skin isn't that terrible and you just want a really flawless finish, then this would work great.


By the end of the night, you will be a little greasy, so maybe bring some powder along for touch ups. I tried setting this with my Bare Minerals Mineral Veil when I first started using it, but in the end I found my actual Bare Minerals Foundation did a better job of keeping me matte. But even when you do begin to get a bit oily by the end of the day, it's not so much a gross oily as a dewy one? If that makes sense, haha.


In terms of color range, it's very limited. I use the lightest color, 15, Opal, and feel it's a pretty good match for me, if not almost a hint too dark, but it's not an issue when I blend down my neck so everything matches. So if you're a fair skinned gal, you won't be able to find a shade for yourself, and on the opposite end of the spectrum, very dark skinned girls may not be able to find a shade, which is a bit of a con, definitely.


Freshly Applied:
(I had 3 pimples pop up on the right side of my face and even though you can clearly see something is there, it's nowhere near as offensive with this foundation covering them up)
Hours Later:
Clearly not from the same day as from the photos above, but it's a picture I took on a different day after I'd been wearing the Vichy all day. It's still holding up, but you can tell my forehead has gone a bit oily. But this was when I'd set it just with the Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, and as I've mentioned, it keeps me matte longer when I use the actual Bare Minerals Foundation.

Availability:

In terms of availability, for UK people, I think your best bet is to order it off the Boots website. I've never seen it in stores because I think it's only available in the Boots with high end counters like Benefit, etc, and I don't have many near me. Ordering online is only a pain in terms of shipping prices, but then again, I pay about the same I'd pay in tube fare, if not less, to get to the Boots in Central London, so buying online is no big deal for me. But it's apparently also available in other pharmacies besides Boots, but I don't really know the details.


If you're in the US, according to the Vichy website, it's sold in more than 850 stores across the US, but it's only available in 18 states and in CVS stores. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can find it at most CVS's, but don't hold me to it. Or once again, you can order from the Vichy website.


Overall, I love this foundation. When I've been out and about and snuck a look in a mirror in a shop, as we girls do, I've noticed my skin just looks better than it ever has with previous foundations. If you're in the market for a full coverage foundation, I can't recommend this enough.



PS: I've hit 400 followers!! Thanks so much, each and every one of you! xoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try this but was worried it might be too heavy and greasy (i have very oily skin)..

    great review, and i think i am gonna try it now but will have to try and get a tester from somewhere first
    xx

    ReplyDelete