Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tips for Quick and Natural Makeup

Hi ladies! Just thought I'd do a post on a makeup look I did the other day. I was trying to be quick, so I thought I'd give you my tips on doing a quick makeup look that looks rather natural (as in not completely flawless) and makes you look slightly more presentable to the world! (oh and, excuse my brows! They were in need of some grooming)

Tips:
1. Only apply concealer and a mineral foundation for your face makeup so that you don't need to bother with the hassle of liquid makeup and blending. Use concealer to cover any blemishes and dark circles and mineral foundation for evening out your skin color and getting rid of any oil.

2. Go for neutral yet bright eyes! Apply a bright eyeshadow to the inner lid, and then a slightly darker, but still neutral color to the outer lid.

3. To really define your eyes, apply mascara and some eyeliner to your waterline. If you don't like black on your waterline, then go for a champagne color to open up your eyes, or a brown if you want something dark but not as dark as black. Don't bother with lining the upper lash line when it comes to a quick look, not unless you're super quick with it! (which I'm certainly not)

4. Sticking with the neutral theme, go for a lip color that's essentially your lip color, but slightly darker or lighter, up to you!

5. Apply a little blob (YES, BLOB) of lipgloss to the middle of your lips and SMUSH.


Close Up Of The Eye:
(I used Sleek's Storm palette and Maybelline's One By One mascara)

Close Up Of The Lips:
(I used NYX's Thalia and Philosophy's Cinnamon Buns lipgloss)

Well that's it! Hope that was helpful to some of you. I know most of it is pretty common knowledge but I just thought I'd share the tips I find most useful when applying quick and natural makeup!

What are some of your tips/hints when it comes to quick makeup application?


5 comments:

  1. I love your makeup! Thanks for the tips :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I was hurrying out the door this morning and trying to get my makeup done and then spent all day thinking about doing a post on my quick "running late" makeup routine! What a coincidence!

    I find it so interesting that you suggest no eyeliner on your top lash line and some on your bottom. I'm totally the opposite. When I'm trying to be quick I do my mascara and a dark liquid liner on the top lash line and none on the bottom. Then I choose a reddish gloss that balances out the simple eye makeup.

    I'm def going to try your tips too! Then maybe I won't be so late in the morning lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of the time my skin is too dry for mineral foundation. I like using cream foundations that don't set, but they are expensive because the only companies that make them are high end. Your makeup is lovely! I wish I could wear liner on my waterline, but it always smudges on my contacts and then I can't see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your lips and eyes look amazing :)
    really nice makeup :) xxx

    http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete