Tuesday 8 March 2011

Collective Haul: Boots, China Glaze, and Clinique.

Hi ladies! ANOTHER collective haul post. I know, I'm terrible. ;) I plan on trying to watch my spending now, but who knows! I also plan on trying to find a job for the weekends, since at the moment I only work a couple hours during the week. Anyways, onto what I got:

Eighty Eight Beauty Supply: http://www.8ty8beauty.com/
I've heard about this website from a few YouTube guru's and figured I couldn't say no to China Glaze nail polish for $2.88 each! It is an American company so shipping to the UK was expensive ($16), but when everything is converted into pounds, it only cost about 19 pounds for FIVE China Glaze nail polishes, including shipping, which I believe is a very good deal. The only thing about the website is that when you order, you don't get an exact shipping amount, but get sent an invoice a couple days later. So essentially, you need to order and give your details before even knowing exactly what you're paying, which can be a bit of a con in my eyes, but when I googled shipping prices, they seemed pretty reasonable so I went for it. But other than that, once the nail polishes shipped, I had them rather quickly.

No Flash:
Flyin' High, For Audrey, Sea Spray, Frosty, and Innocence.

With Flash:
How pretty do they all look!? Perfect Spring colors, if you ask me.

Boots:
It was 3 for 2 on Maybelline products (although in the end the cashier forgot to give me the discount, sighs) and a lot of my mascaras have hit the 3-4 month period when you're supposed to throw them out, so I decided to pick up some mascara. Also, I've been needing a base coat for awhile now, and Maybelline had one on sale, so I grabbed it.
Maybelline The Falsies: 8.19, Maybelline One By One: 6.49 (sale), and Maybelline Forever Strong Pro base coat: 3.09 (sale).

Maybelline The Falsies brush:
I had to pick up this mascara because it's a favorite of soo many bloggers and YouTubers. I've only used it once, so I can't say anything yet, but I'll try and review it in a later post.

Maybelline One By One brush:
The newest mascara from Maybelline, and since it's on an introductory price, I figured I'd grab it. I've used this one twice, and again, really can't give my full thoughts yet and will review it at a later time. But so far so good!

No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner for oily/combination skin: 3.50ish with 5 pound off voucher:
I've run out of toner and decided to try a new one, specifically this one because I had a 5 pound off voucher and because I liked the packaging. It has a pump! It was only 3.50 which I think is a great deal for a toner.

Glamour Magazine:
As I'm sure you all know, Glamour magazine are currently giving out a range of Clinique samples with a purchase of their magazine for only 2 pounds. Nothing really stood out to me other than the moisturizer and the lipgloss. I've heard loads of raves about this moisturizer, but unfortunately I'm only realizing now that it's for dry skin and it's far too greasy/oily for my skin type. As for the Long Last Glosswear with SPF 15 in Air Kiss, it's sheer and sticky, but not so sticky as to annoy me, but in the end, it's nothing special and I'd never purchase a full size of it.

On the lips:

Boots:
And FINALLY, I made an order on the Boots website for the Vichy foundation. Lisa Eldridge used it in her Acne Covering YouTube video as a spot concealer, and it convinced me to try it for myself. I have some acne scars that just aren't covered by my concealer/foundation. I'm not sure if I'm going to use this as a concealer or as an all over foundation as it's meant to be used, but I'll test it out and review it for you and use it in a FOTD very soon.

Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation in 15 Opal: 14.30 pounds
Well that's it! What have some of your recent buys been?

5 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to be in England; there are so many things from Boots that I want but can't get in America! I order sleek online, but Boots and me me me! are impossible to get here. If you ever want to do a swap, let me know! I'm sure there must be something the US has on the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @PoorCollegeStudent: I'd love to do a swap! Just emailed you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome nail colors--they look wonderful for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving those China Glaze nail polishes <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Haul! Loving the nail polishes. I took a look around the website, it looks awesome. Never heard of them before so thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete