Wednesday 2 March 2011

Challenge: 4 For The Month!

Hi ladies! While I was on the tube earlier, I was thinking to myself about some type of challenge I could do on my blog. I know there's NO way I could do a Project 10 Pan, because I'm incapable of going on a spending ban, LOL, but I thought of something I'm going to call the 4 For The Month challenge.


Basically, I'm going to set aside four products each month that I must use continuously throughout the month, and then at the end of the month, I'll do a little post reflecting on the products I used and what I thought of them and whether or not I could of done without them and whether I'd ever repurchase them.


The point of this challenge is to get me using some of my products I normally neglect. I have a lot of palettes and lip products that I just don't touch because I get into a routine or they end up at the bottom of my drawer. So I figured if I picked 4 products that I had to use throughout the month, each month, I'd begin to use more of my stash!


This month I've picked an eyeshadow palette, a lipgloss, a lipstick, and a cream blush, but the types of products will vary by month. This doesn't mean I'm not allowed to use anything else in that month, or NO other lipsticks, etc, BUT it does mean I have to use the chosen products at least a few times throughout the month. I kind of naturally do this already, picking something and finding out I like it and then using it loads. But I figured this way it would be official!


Anyways, here's the 4 products for this month:


1. Sleek Storm Palette:

Probably the most coveted out of the Sleek palettes, the Storm palette is full of gorgeous neutrals and darker colors perfect for a smokey eye. I really do love this palette and I love the pigmentation of all Sleek palettes, but I just haven't been using it enough because I have so many other eyeshadows, so now I'll get more use out of it!


2. MAC Shy Girl Lipstick:

My very first MAC lipstick, and one of my very first MAC products ever, Shy Girl is a gorgeous nudey coral (if that makes sense?) and is perfect for an everyday lip.


3. NYX Mega Shine Lipgloss in Smokey Look:

Basically the best lipgloss to go with Shy Girl or it looks lovely on its own! Plus I love the smell of NYX lipglosses, haha!


4. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal:

I got this in a Cherry Culture haul a little while ago, but have yet to use it. Partially because I haven't bothered with blusher at all recently, and also partially because it's a cream blush and I haven't used cream blushes before, well, until today that is! It's a gooorgeous color and you really do need the tiniest amount (I used too much today and it was only a tiny swipe of my finger, but man did I need to blend it out!)


Well that's it for this month! What do you guys think of this idea? There may already be a challenge out there that's similar, but I just thought I'd make up one of my own!


6 comments:

  1. I really like this idea! I think as beauty bloggers its important not only to do reviews and such but to also use the products we have instead of always buying new ones. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) love your idea and I am so following you on this one :) Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. really good post, this is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a good idea!

    I should do the same, I get stuck in ruts too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I wouldn't have trouble using Smokey Look continuously, it's one of my favourite glosses (if not my #1 favourite!) ;]

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a good idea! I have thought about doing a 10 pan but I can't stand the idea of not being able to buy more if I came across something great. I'm very inspired to join you!

    ReplyDelete