Friday 21 January 2011

Best of 2010: Eyes

Hi ladies! These are a bit late, but I decided to do my Best of 2010 products, starting with eye products. Now, I was unsure whether I wanted to do this series or not, because I started using makeup pretty late in the year, about halfway through, but either way, I did have some favorites from this year so I wanted to share them anyways. After Christmas and the influx of new makeup, I have many new favorites, but those shall be featured at the end of the month! But these posts will just have the products I reached for the most in the year 2010. Anyways, here we go:

Eyeshadow:
I'm pretty sure everyone has been putting the Naked Palette in their favorites of 2010, but that's just because it really is that great! I'm not going to bother going on about it much more than that because you've heard it all. Otherwise, when I felt like going for a colorful eye, I really liked using the greens in my Sleek Original palette.
Swatches:
I used the middle color on my inner lid, the green on the outer half of the lid, and then the brown color in the crease! I collected many Sleek palettes this year, but just didn't reach for them much. They are amazing quality for the price though and I recommend all of them.

Mascara:
Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Black and Maybelline Define A Lash Volume in Very Black were the mascaras I reached for the most this year, largely because they were the first two mascaras I purchased when first getting into makeup this year. The Define A Lash is good for when I want to just...well, define my lashes and add a bit of volume, and I used Lash Stiletto when I wanted something a bit more dramatic.

Primers:
These were my favorite primers of the year. I was quite shocked that the e.l.f primer worked just as well as the UDPP.

When swiping a makeup remover wipe over them:
The UDPP in Eden held up the best, probably because it's a bit thicker and stickier than the other two.

Eyeliner:
My favorite eyeliner of the year was definitely the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Zero, I love it for my waterline.

A bit on the boring side, but those were my favorite eye products of 2010! Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I really liked this post! I guess I need to check out the E.L.F. primer. That could save me about $15 :) Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eyelashes are so long and pretty. I really like your choices especially the eyeshadows. I've been wanted to try those sleek palettes for so long now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the naked palette, its so pretty <3 Awesome post sweetie :)

    Xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete