Monday 17 January 2011

CVS Haul / Review

Hey ladies! Been meaning to do this post for awhile, but I just haven't had time to get around to it. Dissertation due the 26th, ugggh, lol. But anyways, my nana, right before I left again for London, gave me a Christmas card and it had a $20 CVS gift card in it! Really sweet of her, but part of me was like, uh oh, we all know I'm just going to spend this on makeup, LOL. So completely forgetting that CVS was doing a huge clearance, I thought of what things I wanted. I decided I wanted to try out the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, so I went there with the intention of getting that. I then saw loads of things on clearance but stuck with the foundation anyways, cos I was there with my friends and didn't want to bore them to death looking for ages, LOL. SO, in the end, I grabbed the Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation, the Brightening Eye Perfector, AND, the Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara because it was 75% off!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup with SPF 20 in Buff:
$7.24 (BOGO half off, this one was half off)
What was I thinking? This shade is too dark and too orange for me! I was looking at the lightest shade they had, Natural Ivory (which turns out isn't actually the lightest shade) and thought I couldn't possibly be the first shade, because I'm usually the second shade in! But ANNNT I was wrong, this color is all wrong for me. =( Which is really sad, because I was really excited to try it out. Ah well, save it for the summer months maybe?

Here I've just taken a photo of my Photo Ready foundation in Vanilla, which I feel is a good color match for me, and put it next to the Neutrogena foundation in Buff, to show you the color difference. Sadly this photo doesn't do it justice, because there's a much bigger difference in color in person!

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector with SPF 25 in Light:
$14.49

It was buy one get one half off for Neutrogena, so I decided to try this out! For being called light, this doesn't seem that light! Although I think I might be able to pull it off. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I think I might like it? LMAO. So undecided about these products sadly. In the photos it looks quite good, but I felt like in person it wasn't quite right? Maybe because the SPF of 25 bounces off the flash to make it look brighter/lighter, hence actually making it the right color, who knows! What do you think?

Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara:
Because this was 75% off, making it only $3.75, I figured why not!
The brush is very similar to the Define A Lash mascara by Maybelline, which I also own, because, according to the package, it's "brought to you by" Define a Lash.
(Define a Lash on the left, Pulse Perfection on the right. The only difference I can see is that the Pulse Perfection brush looks ssllllightly longer.)

I decided the best way to test out this mascara and whether the vibrating was just a gimmick or not was to test it side by side with the regular Define A Lash mascara:
As you can see, I think the vibrating did make a difference. I felt like it actually curled my lashes!

Then both eyes with the Pulse Perfection mascara:
Nice! I'm pretty impressed, the only thing is the vibrations tickle! Lol...I kept having to stop cos I was giggling. Silly me, ah well, it's a good mascara, especially at such a cheap price. Woo hoo for clearance sales!

So overall, I like the mascara, I think I like the eye brightener (I will keep testing it out, and who knows, maybe it'll end up in my January favorites!), and I hate the foundation. I still want to try out the Neutrogena foundation, so I'm tempted to go out and buy the lightest shade, but I don't think the UK sells Neutrogena cosmetics!!! Am I completely wrong about that? Could somebody point me in the direction of Neutrogena cosmetics in the UK? Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. I love this mascara is awesome!


    http://inpalace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed with the Pulse Perfection mascara! Great find!

    ReplyDelete