Tuesday 18 January 2011

MAC Haul!

Hiiii ladies! My MAC order came today, wipee! Lol. I made an order so I could pick up Emily's lipstick (which I'll be posting to you tomorrow!!) and couldn't resist picking out some things for myself. Naturally. -shakes head- I have so much stuff to play with because of Christmas so I need to give it a rest for awhile (yeaaaah sure Lauren). Anyways, I've been dyyying to try the paint pots from MAC, and when I saw the Cham Pale ones I was determined to get those...until I saw the swatches. I just wasn't impressed, so I decided to go with ones from the permanent collection, the ones that people rave about. Anyways, let's get into it:

Bare Study Paint Pot:
A shimmery champagne color perfect as a base to neutral eye looks.
(looks a bit pink here, not sure why, must be the lighting!)

Rubenesque Paint Pot:
A lovely gold base!
Swatches:
-swoons- Goooorgeous. I can see myself using Bare Study for everyday looks, and then Rubenesque for when I want to do a gold look. I could even use them on their own! w00p.

Then I decided to show you ladies just how wonderful these paint pots are (as if you weren't already convinced):
I swatched two colors from the Urban Decay Naked Palette over the paint pots and BAM! Hahaha, sorry....
As you can see, the paint pots don't intensify the colors THAT much (I mean come on, they're Urban Decay shadows, they don't need help with intensity), buuuut:
Look how well the shadows hold up against the evil tissue paper WITH the use of the paint pots. Impressive. :D

Blacktrack Fluidline:
I've been wanting to try out a gel liner for my upper lash line for awhile now, so I decided to pick up this one from MAC, because it's another item I hear people raving about. And come on, if you're gonna shell out 12-15 pounds for each item, it damn well better be for something people scream from the rooftops about. ;)
Swatch:
(no, I don't know what I began doing at the end, I just wanted to see what it looked like with a thicker line, hehe)

It's lovely and creamy and black, what more can I say? Can't wait to test it out on my eyes, let's hope it's not too much of a disaster my first time.

Did I pick up any of your favorites?

11 comments:

  1. Nice haul :)
    I really want to try Bare Study Paint Pot. Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not live without my blacktrack fluidline :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i love mac


    http://inpalace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bare Study looks great! I'll be interested to see what you think of fluidline. I'm still a MAC virgin, but have always been interested in fluidline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the Rubenesque Paint Pot looks amaziiing <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a good test to do as it shows how much stronger the e/s are on top of the paint pots :) would of never thought of doing it

    sarahbox04.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha when i had a competition i bought myself soft ochre paint pot along with the prizes! rubenesque looks lovely, been resisting the naked palette for SO long but im one review away from snapping and getting it teehee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that Viva Glam Cyndi? I am a make up noob & that was the first MAC product I purchased a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Magali Hehe yes it is! But not for me, it's for the winner of the giveaway I held. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blacktrack fluidline and those paintpots look amazing! Great haul hun, I know this sounds crazy, but I recently won $1000 worth of MAC products and I'm giving most of my prize away if you're interested in anything, http://roseannebeauty.onsugar.com/1000-MC-Haul-Win-Liberty-London-Shell-Pearl-Beauty-Powder-14268406 Great blog :) xoxo Roseanne

    ReplyDelete