Sunday 2 January 2011

MAC Christmas Haul

Hi ladies! Today I've got swatches/thoughts on the MAC goodies I received for Christmas!

First off, the lipsticks:

Myth:
On the lips:
Satin finish nude color. I've often heard people calling this their HG nude lip color, so I really wanted to try it out. I gotta say, when I first applied it I was a bit shocked, LOL. It's pretty intense and NUDE but when I applied a pink gloss over it, I liked it a bit more. This is a color I'm definitely going to need to play around with to find out how it best works for me.

Angel:
On the lips:
Frost finish pink color. Another one of those colors I've heard great things about. I LOVE this lipstick. It's the only one out of the bunch that I've actually tried out and worn for a couple days, and it's soooo pretty, exactly the type of color I love. I can see this becoming a color I come back to day after day.

Snob:
On the lips:

Satin finish LIGHT baby/powder pink. I'm really loving the satin finish lipsticks, I love how pigmented they are and how they almost look matte on the lips, but with a tiiiny hint of sheen.

Swatches:

Eyeshadows:
From left to right: Trax, Satellite Dreams, All That Glitters, and Satin Taupe.

Trax:

I was a little disappointed when I swatched this because it wasn't as pigmented as I expected, and it looks like the glitter will cause fall out, but hopefully primer will sort that out! Either way it's a lovely color.

Satellite Dreams:

I really wanted a purple eyeshadow from MAC and this is the one I chose. Nicely pigmented and not too sparkly or anything.

All That Glitters:

I can definitely see this becoming a favorite of mine! A gorgeous gold color.

Satin Taupe:

A beautiful neutral color that will be great for everyday wear.

I have a gift card to spend and I'm tempted to get some things from the new collections that just came out, but I'm not sure, thoughts?? I think I may already have too much makeup to take back hahaha.

*I also received the brush cleanser, but I want to do a separate review post on that once I've actually used it, which should be soon! I've got some dirty brushes to sort out, hehe.

7 comments:

  1. I want to buy All That Glitters! I'm new to MAC and I'm slowly making a list!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucky lucky girl!

    now following you lovely :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I've been dying to get all that glitters and trax. Satin Taupe is one of my favorite eyeshadows, very versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to love Angel but I went for Creme Cup.. they're quite similar! I think all the lipsticks look lovely on you :) And you chose great eyeshadows! I love love love Satin Taupe <3 As for the new collection, I think the paint pots are the way to go! And the I Get no Kick eyeliner, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myth actually looks more flattering on you than it does on most people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww awesome haul!!! Love all the stuff:))

    ReplyDelete