Monday 3 January 2011

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation Review

So when I was in Target the other day I finally gave in and decided to try out a liquid foundation. For awhile now I've been sticking to just my Bare Minerals, because I wasn't sure how I'd feel about a liquid foundation, but I've realized that mineral foundation/concealer just doesn't give me the coverage I need with my crappy skin, haha.
So anyways, I decided to try out a foundation I recalled hearing good things about: Revlon Photo Ready Foundation in 002: Vanilla.
I applied it with a Studio Tools foundation brush and I LOVED the results! It didn't feel heavy and I felt like it photographed amazingly. In real life, it still doesn't look flawless, because it's not FULL coverage, but in photos / on webcam, I felt like my skin looked pretty damn near perfect.
I did notice the sparkles but to be honest, they really didn't bother me. I feel like they're subtle enough. I only used this foundation for one afternoon so I can't really say THIS IS THE BEST FOUNDATION ever, especially since I haven't used any liquid foundation other than this, but I can definitely say I loved how my skin looked with this foundation. I guess this is less of an overall review and more of a First Thoughts post, but I was so excited about it that I wanted to post about it right away! If I have any more thoughts on it, I'll deffo update you guys. =)
What are your thoughts? I'm wearing MAC's Snob on my lips, I love it!

3 comments:

  1. i LOVE revlon photoready because it photographs sooo beautifully. my only gripe is that they don't have a shade to match my "winter" skin tone, but I'll bring out the revlon come summer :)

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´ve never tried Revlon foundations...but I´ll try it soon!
    As always...great post!
    Check out my blog, I started it in november, I hope you like it :)

    http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! Seems like I have been seeing a lot of people using this foundation. Maybe I will have to check it out one of these days!

    ReplyDelete