Monday 31 January 2011

Recent Buys!

Hi ladies! Just figured I'd do a post on some items I've bought over the last couple of weeks, including mini reviews on any of the items I've actually used.

No7 Stay Perfect Eyeshadow in Truffle:
8.00 pounds (only 3 pounds with the 5 pound off voucher!)

Swatch:
So I actually wanted to get the Beautifully Matte foundation with my voucher, but when I went to the shop they didn't have a color light enough for me. So I then decided to check in the next Boots down the road. But again, the foundation colors started from Shade 3. Well, turns out, there are no Shades 1 or 2! What a disappointment. I feel like I possibly could of pulled off Shade 3, but I didn't want to risk it, so I just grabbed the next best thing....I guess. Didn't want to bore my boyfriend and make him wait around too long, so I just picked up this eyeshadow. It looked pretty enough, but it's just kind of a typical brown I guess. I didn't need it, would of preferred the foundation, but such is life!

Aussie 3 Minute Miracle & Aussie Mega Shampoo:
3.67 pounds for the shampoo, and 4.69 for the conditioner (but they were on offer, 2 for 6 pounds)

I've heard a lot of things about the 3 Minute Miracle, so I decided to try it out. Besides, we were getting low on shampoo, so I figured it was a good deal (yes, that's how I justify my spending, tehee). I've used both and am quite happy! I love the smell of the shampoo, it reminds me of grapes or something. The deep conditioner left my hair feeling soft, but I wasn't sure if that's just because I was really conscious of the fact that I was using a new product, so I was looking out for it, or what. So I decided the real test would be what it looked like the next day. Normally, my hair is a bit greasy a day after washing, but even by the 3rd day I was quite impressed with how it looked! So I plan on using this conditioner weekly.

Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover, Nivea Milk & Honey Lip Balm, and No 7 Precision Eyeliner Brush:
3.05 pounds for the eye makeup remover, 1.99 for the lip balm, and 6.64 for the brush.

I'm running low on eye makeup remover, and I've heard good things about the Botanics one, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I used it tonight and am rather impressed. It didn't sting the eye area at all and removed all of the makeup effortlessly. Looks like I've found a new go to remover!

I bought the lip balm because I've been wanting it for ages, but sadly it doesn't smell as yummy as I had hoped. I was imagining Honey I Washed The Kids type smells, but sadly, no. I'll still use it anyways!

I bought the No7 eyeliner brush for my MAC gel liner. I've been struggling with application of it because none of my brushes are thin/small enough for my rather small eyes. So I grabbed this one, because it's the only one this particular Boots had, and because it looked precise enough and I figured since it was the No 7 brand it would be nice enough. I'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes!

Well that's all! Nothing too exciting, just some essentials really. What were some of your recent buys?

No comments:

Post a Comment