Tuesday 11 January 2011

Kat Von D Christmas Haul

Hey ladies! So I'm aaalmost done with all of the posts I need to get up of my Christmas gifts. Today I've got the two items I received from the Kat Von D line from my twin sissy for Xmas.

Kat Von D Kat Eye Brush Set:
This set comes with 5 brushes for your eyes all packed nice and neatly into a lovely little travel brush roll!
There's even a flap that goes over the brushes to keep them nice n safe.
Eyeshadow Brush:

Personally I think this might be a bit too big for me in terms of an all over the lid kind of brush, but I could definitely see myself using it as a highlight brush, etc.

Blending Brush:

Yay! I've finally got one! I usually use my crease brush to blend, and while it does a fine enough job of it, it's nice to have a separate one specifically for blending.

Smudge Brush:

I definitely do not own any brush like this! I imagine it's great for the upper and lower lash lines when you want to smudge/smoke out your look.

Eyeliner Brush:

While I have an angled eyeliner brush, I don't have a straight one. It'll be nice to try this one out and see which I prefer. It's very sturdy though, so I can imagine it'll be great for applying a precise line without it wobbling and making the shadow go everywhere.

Brow Brush:

To be honest, I'll probably just end up using this as another eyeliner brush, because I don't fill in my brows. I've never really seen the point...they're rather dark as it is. But maybe I'll experiment with it one day!

Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Ludwig:
I already have one of these palettes, the True Love one, and while the quality / pigmentation of the shadows are amazing, I just don't find myself using them as much as I'd like. Largely because they're purple shadows and I've been into neutral eyes ever since the Naked Palette. BUT!! This palette is a neutral palette, aside from the 2 green shades, but even then, I do regularly find myself wearing green eyeshadow, so I think I may find myself using this palette on a daily basis. But enough of my jibber jabbering, let's get to the photos!
Oooooh aaaaaah.
Does anyone else spy some Urban Decay Naked Palette dupes? Virgin? Sin? Sidecar? Smog? Or am I off my rocker?
Swatches:
Swatches:
Clay was the only shadow that was a bit chalky and hard to swatch, but I think it's because there's some chunky glitter in there. I can see myself doing numerous eye looks with this palette and can't wait to play around with it finally!

What products have you tried from the Kat Von D range? Thoughts?

10 comments:

  1. OMG!! the packaging is gorgeous!!!
    Love the palette, really beautiful!
    xoxo
    http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah I want the brush set. We need Kat Von D's line over here. I bet it would be a sell-out in the UK. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that palette looks really amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. the palette looks really nice!

    http://madbadndangerous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. packaging are very very beautiful! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best post on the KVD Brush Set I've seen yet. You took some great pics!

    http://queenbeeemily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete