Wednesday 19 January 2011

Philosophy Xmas Haul/Review

Hi ladies! Almost done with the xmas posts, lol. Today (or tonight should I say, my sleeping pattern at the moment is so messed up) I've got a post on the 3 products from Philosophy I received for Christmas.

Vanilla Birthday Cake Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath:
I'm always a bit weary of 3 in 1 products (how can they do everything!?) but I don't plan on using this as a shampoo, just shower gel and possibly a bubble bath, but I have yet to use it for that purpose, although I should! I only used this once when I was back home and did quite like it. It smells like exactly what the name says, but it's certainly not overpowering, it's a subtle enough scent. It did leave my skin feeling nice n soft.

Coconut Frosting & Cinnamon Buns Lipgloss:
These smell amazing!! I'm pretty sure that's what you're paying the extra money for, because they're certainly not that special of lipglosses, I thought they were pretty standard, possibly a bit sticky. But both of them do smell amazing, which is why I wanted them, because of all the interesting scents Philosophy does. I think they should make some lip balms though! Don't you? I think they technically do but they come in the same packaging which makes me think they're also glossy. Anyways...

Swatches:
The top one is coconut frosting and the bottom is cinnamon buns. Coconut frosting contains white sparkles and cinnamon buns contains gold ones. I imagine these would be great over lipsticks but I just like them on their own.

Coconut Frosting:
Cinnamon Buns:
What's your favorite scents from Philosophy?

3 comments:

  1. The body wash/shampoo/bubble baths by Philosophy are wonderful!! They do leave the hair a little lack-luster though. I have to admit they're wonderful for the body though! Plus, I love those glosses, always have such a distinctive scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philosophy products are gorgeous!
    Great review and great blog...I'm now following :o)
    Zoe x
    My blog, DiamondSolitaire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that Philosophy bday vanilla also! yeah im not going to use in my crazy hair. lol and i really dont smell the bday cake. oh well i havent tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete