Friday 6 August 2010

Blast from the Past: Maybelline Color Delights

Maybelline Color Delights in Antique Golds

So one of the first items I was excited to look at from my sister's box of goodies was this pot of cream shadows. Largely because I had one of my own when I was younger and remember I loved it sooo much and constantly used it, hahaha.


Not sure how I feel about these...or cream shadows in general. I have far more luck with powdered ones, which I think is probably the consensus among makeup users? Could be wrong. But yeah, it's hard to do a whole look with just this pot, cos I find it's hard to blend em because it kind of just turns into a mess? Haha. I do really like the lightest color though, I think that probably would make for a great highlight color. So I'll probably keep this, but just for a highlight color and maybe for the lid. Cos when it comes to the crease or anything else, it just gets too tricky. Plus, my eyes are oily enough as it is, and the cream certainly doesn't help!


But anyways, here are the looks I did try out!:

Lightest color on the inside, the slightly darker brown on the outside, then the lighter color again on the top.



Lightest color under the brow, the reddish brown on my lid and then tried using the slightly darker brown on the crease but it kind of failed. =(

As you can tell, it begins to look like I'm using self tanner on my eyes or something?? LOL. Which isn't exactly the most attractive look, but hey, I tried!!

Looks like they still sell it here?:

http://www.buymebeauty.com/maybellinecolordelightscreamshadow.aspx


And some people on EBAY are selling em!


But overall, cream shadows = boooo. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Nice, I had one (that was my mom's) but I might have thrown it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome. It reminds me of metallic creamshadows from Illamasqua x

    ReplyDelete