Sunday 15 August 2010

e.l.f Beauty Book: Eye Brights Edition Review

Price: $5

Comes with 12 eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner, and 1 eyeshadow applicator.

I really love this shadow set. I read up on them and instantly wanted them all, because I'm lacking in the eyeshadow department. My love for makeup only just recently came back, haha, so I've slowly been stocking up.


The shadows have great pigmentation, but show up even better with eye primer (duh, huh?). They're very shimmery so there is fallout, but if you try really carefully when applying, it shouldn't be that big of an issue.


There's a lot of light brown colors that seem to all look the same and I confuse them haha, and some of them are repeated in the smokey eye book, I believe, but that's okay. My favorite deffo has to be the green, I've been using it loads.


The eyeliner isn't great so I wouldn't bother with it if I were you.


Here's the swatches (no, I don't know why I switched from using my arm to my hand, LOL, maybe for some pizzazz, who knows):


Some of them are less pigmented than others, but hey, for 5 bucks, I'm not going to complain! (except I guess I just did...)


Here's some looks I tried out using the book:

Left eye:
Right Eye:

A more subtle look:


What do you guys think? What's your luck been with e.l.f products?

No comments:

Post a Comment