Tuesday 3 August 2010

Maybelline Color Sensational Review


Today I was out with my sis and couldn't help but stop in CVS and grab some makeup, especially when Maybelline lip products were 2 for 10! Not bad considering each are normally 7.50 so that's like a savings of 5 bucks! =)


The first thing I reached for was a pink lipstick, since I've wanted one for awhile. The one I got was Pink Sand, which is a shimmering light pink. It reminds me a lot of the Nivea Pearly Shine, but a better version of it, if that makes sense. It smells basically the same as the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick, like vanilla!



But my surprise favorite was the Cherry Pop lip stain I got. IT SMELLS LIKE A CHERRY PUSH UP POP, SOOOO GOOOD, hahaha. My sister convinced me to try a red out, and I'm actually pretty impressed with it. I can't even really feel it on my lips and let me tell you, it stays put. I really love the color too. I'm glad I can actually pull it off, haha. But I think it's a color best kept for special occasions / night time. When I do the napkin test, a tinyyyyyyyyy bit comes off, but hey, whatever. I'm able to lick my lips without the color completely disappearing like with lip gloss and some lip sticks. I had to be really careful / precise when applying it, obviously, because one wrong move and you look like a clown, but I managed well enough. I'm tempted to go pick up some more, LOL, just cos I love having something that doesn't come off easily, especially when I'm with my boyfriend and he wants a kiss but doesn't want to

wear my lip color, HAHA.



The color, after what I like to call the "drinking a glass of water" test. :D


It looks really red in the pictures with flash, so I took some on my webcam too, since it's not actually that red in person, if ya get me.


Oh yeah, that's not to say I don't like the lipstick, HAHA, but it is essentially just a better version of the Nivea Pearly Shine sooo. I wouldn't mind a more matte / less shimmery pink lipstick. Any recommendations!? What luck have you guys had with the Color Sensational range? =)


I also want to give a big thanks to fellow beauty blogger, PoorCollegeStudent, for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger award! Check out her blog, she's really good at recommending great makeup at good prices!

http://maquilagem-masstige.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment