Thursday 5 August 2010

Eyes of the Day (2 smokey eyes)

I got the inspiration to try out some smokey eyes from some tutorial On Demand, haha. So naturally, I reached for my Kat Von D palette.


(I just didn't feel like doing both my eyes, then wiping off the makeup, then doing it all over again, so I did one on each eye, tehe. Wow I'm lazy tonight!)


The purple smokey out didn't turn out...smokey enough? LOL. I think me trying to blend with q-tips just ended up taking the color off? Who knows. I REPEAT, I need some proper brushes. But I really like how the bronze smokey eye turned out..even if it's not hugely smokey? Let's call it a DAY smokey eye, hahahaha. Or let's just not call it a smokey eye at all, shall we? ;)



I basically also copied how the lady On Demand said to do a smokey eye. I put the lid colors on (a dark sparkly brown and purple) then the black color on the inner and outer corner of each eye, and blended inwards. Then I just added a highlight color underneath the brow (sparkly beige and sparkly white). Hope that makes sense! I'm too lazy at the moment to make diagrams, lol, sorry, but it is 2 am! =P

2 comments: