Friday 8 October 2010

BIG Haul! (MUA, Sleek, The Body Shop, Bare Minerals, Primark)

I went shopping with a friend a couple days ago and picked up quite a few goodies:
From Superdrug I picked up some things from the MUA range. I've been wanting to try their products for awhile. For a pound each, I figured you can't go wrong.
I'm not crazy about the products, but they're nice for being only a pound each!
The lipgloss+blusher on me
Same as above but with flash

I also picked up a Sleek blush in Rose Gold just because I've heard good things about it and it looks gorgeous. At The Body Shop, I saw the powders that I've been wanting for agess and might of ended up getting both if they'd been stocked, but they only had the Berry one. When you bought any cosmetic, you got a brush half off!

Lol...as you can see, I had some trouble getting into the Sleek blush, and when I finally did, my hand slipped and my nails dove right in. Oh well...but anyways, I lovvvve the blusher brush!! I have one from e.l.f that's not really impressed me, so when I tried this I fell in love. It's so soft and applies the blush perfectly.

The Sleek blush:

The Body Shop blush (sorry for the lame photo):
The Sleek blush on me:

The Body Shop blush on me:
I also got something I've been wanting for awhile now. I'm afraid liquid foundation would make me break out even more, so I figured mineral foundation is the way to go. So I picked up the Bare Minerals starter kit. It's 45 pounds, but you do get quite a bit.
A guide and how to DVD:
It comes with a sample of their primer! Excited to try it.
Everything that comes in the box. A lot, right? You get two shades of foundation, a bronzer which they call warmth, a mineral veil, and a concealer. Along with that you get three brushes to apply it all with. A bargain really for 45 pounds.
So I'm far too embarassed to post the before photos, LOL, sorry, but I suffer from acne and yeah, it's not a pretty sight. So here's the after photos! I'm using the Light foundation, warmth, the concealer, and the mineral veil. The concealer doesn't cover my spots all on their own, so I had to put concealer on under it, obviously. I applied the No7 concealer, which I just picked up today with my No7 voucher. But that's for a later post! ANYWAYS, here we go:



Pretty good coverage if you ask me! You can still see my spots a lil bit, but that's bound to happen. It's definitely a huge improvement anyways. Quite happy with Bare Minerals.

Then from Primark I grabbed two things:
A stripey sweater. It's quite long, basically a dress, but I just roll it up a bit.

A big comfy white cardigan! Sooo warm, gonna be perfect for those cold winter days. =)

Any good buys lately?



6 comments:

  1. nice haul :) MUA gives a nice shades on the skin. too bad MUA is not available in Phil. anyway. i followed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous!! I wish i lived in the UK :(

    xoxo,
    eva

    http://purrrty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you just reminded me I need to go primark and get some stuff. Aint they simply amazing with their prices :D Love ya haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My local superdrug still hasn't got MUA in yet :(

    Primark is my lifesaver, I love the chunky knit cardies they have at the moment

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great haul!!
    You look great! Lovely blog...Try checking out mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving this haul, so many amazing things you got :)

    Yeah you should absolutely buy the jumbo pencils. Im buying the set on ebay. Let me know if you want me to send you a link so you can check it out :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete