Friday 1 October 2010

E.L.F Lipstick Review

Recently, E.L.F released a new line of lipsticks for only 1.50 pounds each. Because they were so cheap, I decided to pick up the whole line to review / swatch for you guys!
The first thing I will mention about these lipsticks is that the packaging is very cheap. It feels as if I press down too hard, the lipstick will break off, which I've heard from the American site, does indeed happen. Also, as you can see from the photo above, Classy came to me a little bit chipped. For some reason it was pushed all the way up, and smushed into the cap. Yeah, good packaging, eh? But anyways, enough about that, it is a 1.50 lipstick, so the packaging is bound to be cheap, right?




I'm not too fond of this one. The formula seems different from all the others, it's really dry and a bit hard to get onto the lips. Maybe I got a dysfunctional one? Who knows.

(w/flash)
(no flash)
Gypsy:
Fantasy:
Seductive:
Voodoo:
Classy:
Posh:
Overall, the lipsticks are well pigmented and very moisturising, with the exception of Classy, which is a shame because I do actually like the color. =( I'm pleased with all of the shades, and while the two red's (Voodoo and Posh) aren't something I can see myself wearing during the day, they'd be great for special occasions / nighttime. So yes, once again, E.L.F has created an affordable, yet good quality product.

Has anyone else tried these yet? What are your thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Seductive looks like fab colour! I want!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review!!! I saw your post at eyeslipsface.co.uk :P
    I love gypsy and Seductive!
    And girl! I looove your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh thankssssss so much for doin this post. i am about to do a hugeeee order on elf and i love seeing swatches.

    ReplyDelete