Thursday 21 October 2010

Boots Haul!

During my lunch breaks before my next shift starts, I often like to take a walk, which inevitably leads to me walking into some Boots shops, lol. I figured since I had a No7 voucher to spend, I might as well pick something up. And something always leads to somethings. So here we are!:


No7 Natural Blush in Candy Pink: 4.25 (usually 9.25, but had a 5 pound off voucher)

This is what I spent my 5 pound off voucher on. There wasn't really anything else I wanted, and I've been wanting a matte pink blush since it seems all the ones I have are shimmery and that's not always the most flattering on my face. I'd never spend the full amount on it, but it's pretty and pink and I like it!


Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Pink Blush: 3.99 (on sale, normally 4.99)

I'm realizing the only lipstick shades I feel comfortable wearing are pinks, so I decided to pick this one up. Partly because it's on sale, and partly because it's one of the new shades from the adverts with Zooey Deschanel, lol. As you'll see from photos below, it looks far more pinker on my lips than I expected. It reminds me of something Snooki would wear, HAHA, so I dunnno, we'll have to see.


Swatches of the blush and lipstick:
With flash:
After leaving this Boots, I soon came to another one. I've been wanting to try more 17 products lately, and they were having a 3 for 2 sale, so I decided to get some things.

17 Wild Curls Mascara in Wildest Black: 5.99

Now, I don't own the original one of this, so I can't really say if it's THAT much blacker, haha, but I kind of doubt it. Anyways, I've heard some good things about this mascara and decided to give it a go. Because it's impossible for me to put on a new mascara after having worn a different one all day (feels crunchy and odd, I dunno), I can't really say yet how I feel about it. Perhaps I'll do a separate review on it.
What I can say though is that I like the look of the brush. Not too big, not too small.

17 Liquid Liner in Black: 3.99

I've been wanting to try liquid eyeliner for some time now, so I figured this was the perfect opportunity. Can't say I've heard anything about the product, so it was a bit of a leap of faith. What I noticed was that while it took a lil bit to dry, it didn't budge when I rubbed my finger over it. Here's what it looks like on my eye, DON'T BE HARSH, I'm new to liquid liner and don't even normally line my top eye with pencil liner, sooo, it's a bit shit, but practice makes perfect!

17 Eye Shadow in Statuesque: FREE (3.49, usually, but it was 3 for 2 on 17 brand)

I think this is such a pretty color. It's really pigmented and shimmery without big ugly chunks of sparkles. Great for a glammed up natural eye.

Swatches of the eyeshadow and liner:
With flash:

And here is me, wearing all the products! Still unsure about the lipstick. It's like a big ol pink marshmallow or something, I don't even know, haha. But then again I was unsure about Revlon's Pink Pout at first and now I love it. I like the whole look of liquid eyeliner, I just need to get better at applying it! Overall, a good and relatively cheap haul! But now I've got TWO more No7 vouchers to spend. -SIGHS- Hahaha.
So what do you guys think? Have you tried any of these products before? If so, let me know your thoughts! I'm off to try and do some uni work before passing out. Exhausted from this week. Just want to get tomorrow over and done with and get to the weekend! It's my boyfriend and mine's 2 year anniversary on Sunday. :D

Bye bye!xxx

4 comments:

  1. great haul I like everything you got !!! no boots in the states =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome haul, that lipstick is so pretty <3

    xo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your two year anniversary doll! love your blog, you are so pretty:)


    check out or even follow my blog at:

    vyile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete