Friday 19 November 2010

17 Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss in Star Girl

One of the other things I picked up from 17 from the 3 for 2 deal was this Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss in Star Girl. It's a gorgeous, shimmery and sparkly light pink. There's also almost a hint of lilac in it, which is what drew me towards it.
As you can see from the swatch above, and from it on my lips below, it's not THAT hugely pigmented. For the most part, it just makes my lips look really sparkly and nudes them a little bit, which I do like. But I would of preferred for more of the color to transfer to my lips, but that's okay I suppose. You get what you pay for sometimes, eh?
I decided to try some lip duo's using the lipgloss. Here it is paired with Maybelline's Color Sensational Lipstick in So Pearly:
Not a huge difference. Just more shimmer.

Here it is paired with Revlon's Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout:
Now there's the color I was hoping for! I think these are perfect for each other.

Overall, the lipstick isn't sticky, isn't hugely pigmented, but does add a small hint of color and LOADS of shimmer. I think I want to do a Christmas/Winter look/tutorial with this. It just reminds me so much of a frosty snowy night! In terms of adding volume, eh? I think that's overselling it perhaps, but either way, I do like this!

Has anyone tried this one or any of the others? Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Ohh i love that color by itself and with the lipsticks!!

    very pretty gloss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a beautiful gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this lipstick <3

    Yeah, i think Emma is gorgeous <3

    xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete