Tuesday 9 November 2010

Poundland & Superdrug Haul

I picked up a few things for a photography project, where I needed to smash up/possibly destroy some makeup (THE HORRORRRR) so I didn't want to use my own, obviously! Haha. But I also grabbed two things for myself and of the things I'm using for the project, I figured I could review for you guys anyways.



MUA Lipstick in Shade 4:

MUA Lipstick in Shade 1:
Swatches:

As you can see, Shade 1 is verrry pigmented, but Shade 4 isn't at all, but I didn't mind, because a pink that bright is a bit scary anyways.


MUA Pearl Eyeshadow in Shade 11 & Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Mono in Sensual Sage:

For being a pound each, they're quite pigmented. Sensual Sage is slightly chalky though.
The final two items are things I grabbed for myself.

Vaseline Rosy Lips Lip Therapy (1.99 pounds) :

This was a bit of an impulse buy, because I saw it at the front when I was checking out. They also have the Cocoa Butter one in tubes now, but I was like "Lauren, you still haven't finished your tin one yet, calm down" so I just grabbed the Rosy lips one because I figured it's a nice way to add a pop of color when I don't feel like applying lipstick, which has sadly been the case lately.


Not sure if I'm crazy about the smell. I know some people love the smell of roses, but to me it's kind of like wearing a perfume on my lips? LOL. I much prefer vanilla smells, etc, on my lips, but I mean, it's not a BAD smell, I'm just not used to it. =) Otherwise, I'm quite pleased with it.


Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Liner Definer in Eastend Snob (I've thrown out the receipt but I'm pretty sure this was either 3.99 or 2.99) :

I've also been wanting a light pink lip liner, because the one I have is more of a rose color and doesn't really match the majority of the lipsticks that I actually wear. It looked more like the shade I was thinking of in the store, but when I got home it looked almost lilac? But on the lips it deffo seems like a perfect match for a light pink color. I've paired it with the MUA lipstick in Shade 4 and I think they go amazing together. BUT, right when I went to swatch it, the top bit (it's angled) when bye bye onto the floor, so maybe that says something about the quality, or maybe I was too heavy handed? I prefer it non angled anyways, if I'm honest, so it's no biggie.

My lips lined with the lip liner:
The lip liner + MUA Lipstick in Shade 4 (I think they're a great match!):
MUA Lipstick in Shade 1:
Vaseline Rosy Lips Therapy:
Seeing as the majority of what I got was only a pound each, I'd call this a very cheap haul indeed!

12 comments:

  1. I love rimmel lip liners, Very pretty swatches!! =]

    liquoredonlacquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rimmel lip liners, Very pretty swatches!! =]

    liquoredonlacquer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same thing happened to me with that lipliner, so it's not just you! It's a shame, because it's a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pink lipstick, so cute <3

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shade 4 looks really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay, i will post swatches of the palette tomorrow :)
    Yeah the colors are really pretty in this palette. :)

    xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lip pencil - such a pretty color !!


    xoxcynth
    bodaciouscynth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! Not to sound creepy, but you have really nicely shaped lips - I love the red lipstick the most :)

    P.S. Check out my giveaway for a Harajuku Lovers brush case!
    Rinny's 100+ Subscribers Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like the shape of your lips, nice!
    Thanks anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your MUA Lipstick in Shade 1. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love MUA shade 4 I use it all the time! xx

    ReplyDelete