Saturday 27 November 2010

My M.A.C Virginity...has been broken!

Hey ladies! My first ever MAC purchase came the other day. I only picked up a lipstick and a concealer. Ohhh how I lusted after more, but I figured I should be reasonable, seeing as it's almost Christmas. :D
I picked up the Studio Finish Concealer in NW15 and a lipstick in Shy Girl. It also came with a free sample of the eye makeup remover which I'm excited to try!

Studio Finish Concealer in NW15:

Seeing as my beloved No7 concealer is basically gone, I decided to try out one from M.A.C! While I find the No7 concealer to be amazing, it doesn't always cover my spots/acne scars THAT well, and I swear I used it up in like...a month? Haha. I used this yesterday and today, and I'm quite happy. Not positive yet if it's that much better than the No7 one, but I'll have to see! I did notice though, that because the No7 concealer is so creamy, I end up using quite a lot of it. But since this one is a bit harder, I found myself using less, so I like that!
Concealer applied to my face. I'm pretty impressed, but at the same time, it's not exactly flawless, is it? But then again, since I can't be arsed with proper foundation (mineral only please!), that's kind of my own fault, tehe.

Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl:
My friend, who was very helpful in me picking out these products, suggested I get Snob. While I did like the look of it, I already have a lot of pink lippys, and while searching, I found this one! People call it the perfect nude, and I have to agree, it's gorgeous!

On me lips:
Another shot of it on me lips:
One of my first thoughts when I tried on this lipstick was that it was similar to my Natural Collection lipstick in Rose Petal. As you can see from the swatches, Rose Petal is far more of a light pink color than Shy Girl. It also looks a lot more POW on your lips, while Shy Girl is more understated. BUT, I was right about my second assumption, that it would be a perfect match for Revlon's Lipgloss in Nude Lustre. On the far right I've also included a swatch of the concealer, just incase anyone was curious!
Natural Collection Lipstick in Rose Petal and M.A.C Shy Girl, not quite dupes, haha.
M.A.C Shy Girl and Revlon Lipgloss in Nude Lustre, a match made in heaven. ;)
The two on my lips:
And again:
And finally, a photo of the eye makeup remover! When I use it I'll make sure I do a review post. I still need to try my sample of the Bare Minerals primer, so maybe I'll do a post together.
That's all, folks! I'm really happy with my purchases and look forward to soon becoming a M.A.C addict. Any advice on what to get next? ;)

9 comments:

  1. the shy girl lipstick looks gorgeous! quite pretty on you.

    Maybe a paint pot next? or perhaps a blush, they have AMAZING blushes! I love them very much :D

    Vonnie
    http://www.socialitedreams.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the club!
    I guess the paint pots or the pigments will never disappoint so if you're not too sure what to get next...go for a safe option!
    I'm sure you will love Constructivist paint pot. It's a gorgeous brown with lots of different brownish shades to it. It's a bit shimmery..perfect to get the all times favourite smoky eyes. You can use it as a base or as a single e/s colour.
    Once you try MAC...you will never look back. However, do not get into what some call "Mac Nazi attitude". There are loads of other brands that are as good or even better than Mac.
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only MAC virgin left??
    The concealer looks lovely! I think I'll be breaking mine with maybe Mulch e/s, Club e/s, and Vanilla e/s. Perhaps the Melon pigment as well. Although not right now, I'm broke!

    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I love reading about 1st MAC purchases! I remember my first MAC buy on Holiday! And since ive bought a lippy from them, everyone elses seems rubbish in comparison! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some great MAC products! I'm still a MAC virgin, not sure when or if that will ever change!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love MAC, awesome haul :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Shy Girl too, but it looks way better on you! It looks a little too coral/orangey on me for some reason >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shy Girl is gorgeous on you! My friend has it and always complains that it's too frosty/bright/whatever on her, but she's special haha.

    I love Studio Finish concealer, it's the only thing that has remotely worked at covering up my acne :)

    ReplyDelete