Thursday 18 November 2010

Urban Decay Naked Palette vs 17 Eye Trio in Metallic Toffee

So today I bought a few 17 items from Boots, because they were on offer for 3 for 2 and I figured that justified it enough, even if it doesn't really, tehe! But I decided instead of just doing the hauls I normally do, I'd do separate reviews OR in this case, a comparison to other products.

One of the items I picked up was the 17 Eye Shadow Trio in Metallic Toffee. They also had a nude one that looked really pretty, but they didn't have any left. =( Anyways, the colors reminded me a bit of the Urban Decay Naked Palette, so I figured I'd see if I could find any dupes!

17 Eye Trio in Metallic Toffee
Swatches of the trio (clockwise, starting from the left color, if that makes sense, lol):
Here are the comparisons I found for the white color:
While I can't exactly say they're dupes, the white color (gosh I wish they had names) and Sin are very similar. Although Sin is more of a champagne color, I've found that once it's on the eye, it seems pretty white. Not sure why I swatched Virgin, it's not the same at all!

The comparisons I found of the gold color:
My initial thoughts were that the gold color from the trio and Half Baked would be dupes, but from the looks of it, not quite. I'd have to say that Half Baked is more of an intense gold than the 17 trio one is. And it's obviously not a dupe of Toasted, but is similar I suppose? Just much lighter.

The comparisons I found for the brown color:
Not a dupe in sight here! It's no where near as dark of a brown as Smog, it isn't as light as Sidecar, BUT, is definitely comparable to Toasted, don't you think?

Now while I haven't found any dupes -sad face-, this is definitely a far cheaper alternative to the Naked palette (but let's face it, not as lovely! haha). The shadows are pigmented and creamy and I'm overall pleased with them.

Has anyone tried this trio? Thoughts?


4 comments:

  1. 17 have really upped their game, they do look like lovely shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad it's not a dupe! I really want the NAKED palette!


    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shadows from 17 are really pretty and pigmented. But I'm still lusting over the naked palette. It's impossible to get them now.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. never tried that trio before, but i love the naked palette :)

    xoxo Christine

    ReplyDelete