Monday 22 November 2010

Holiday Eyes: Misc Greens/Blues

Hi girlies! I've got another holiday related post on green and blue eyeshadows. I went through my collection and swatched all of my greens/blues from an array of brands. Following this post, there will be one on greens/blues offered by Sleek!

The three e.l.f eyeshadows are colors from their Beauty Books; The Eye Brights and Smokey Eye Editions. I've been less and less impressed with the Beauty Books as time goes by. I never reach for them anymore because they're such bad quality shadows. They're chalky, have a huge amount of fallout....and are just kind of shit...LOL, sorry to be so blunt. They look okay in these swatches, but trust me, they're a pain to work with.

My favorites:
Maybelline Dream Mousse Eye Color in Heavenly Blue, Wet n Wild Sensual Sage, NYX Atlantic, Models Own Duo in Summers Day.

I think all these colors are great for holiday eyes if you're going for a blue or green look. The turquoise color in the Models Own duo is GORGEOUS. I haven't given it half of the attention it deserves, just because the other purple shadow is disappointing. I think the Maybelline Dream Mousse color would be great as a base to a blue eye look. And if you're going for something a bit more intense or dark, NYX's Atlantic would be a good choice. For a more subtle green look (if you don't want your eyes to scream CHRISTMAS haha) Wet N Wild Sensual Sage is great.

What are your favorite blue or green shadows this holiday season?

2 comments: