Thursday 9 December 2010

e.l.f Haul

Hi ladies! Today I have a small e.l.f haul for you. I ordered this when a deal was going on, where if you spent at least 10 pounds, everything was 20% off. Normally I order and the next day I get an email saying it's shipped, and then I get it the next day. But sadly, this particular order took a week to process before it shipped out, and then I got it two days after that. So not a crazy amount of time, but a bit longer than usual. I expected it though because I ordered during the snow and when they had loads of deals going on. Also, I can't really complain because they sent me an extra brush on mistake! Tehe. Anyways, onto what I got:

Nail Polish in Moonlight & Glitter Glam: 1.50 each (on sale, so I got them for 1.28 each):
GORGEOUS colors. I bought Glitter Glam as a way to glam up the festive manicures I have planned. I used it in my NOTD that I posted yesterday and I absolutely love it. Moonlight is a gorgeous pearly champagne color and I plan on using China Glaze Party Hearty over it. :D

e.l.f Waterproof Eyeliner Pen: 1.50 (on sale for 1.28)
Since the liquid eyeliner from 17 that I bought has kind of been failing me (the brush just kind of goes weird and I end up making waaay too thick of a line and a mess), I decided to buy a eyeliner pen, thinking that might be the easiest way for me to line my upper lash line. I'm quite impressed! I found it super easy to apply this to my eye. The pen is nice and thin so you can create a thin or thicker line, depending on what you wanna do.
Also, it dries fairly quickly and it's almost impossible to get it to budge, LOL. If you rub it with some water, it does smudge a little, but then again, I didn't buy this because it's Waterproof, but because I liked the pen idea.

Swatches:
Used on my eye:
Quite happy with this product! Especially for such a good price.

Now onto the brushes I got. I ordered the Studio Powder Brush (it gets soo many good reviews) and the Mineral Complexion Brush because I really wanted to try out their new line of brushes. For some reason they also sent me the Studio Complexion brush, so waheyy!
Studio Powder Brush: 3.50 (on sale for 2.98):
I plan on using this for my blush. Very soft!
Mineral Complexion Brush: 5.50 (on sale for 4.68):
I plan on using this for my BareMinerals because the brushes that came with the set are shedding a bit and feeling a bit harsh on my skin. This feels loooovely and soft.
Studio Complexion Brush (free):
I didn't actually plan on receiving this, but I'm happy I did, I plan on using it to apply my highlighter, since the brush I use for that now is pretty crap now.
That's it! I didn't let myself get much, just what I saw as the "essentials" tehe.

5 comments:

  1. Great haul! I plan on making another ELF purchase soon and getting those nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Haul!! I ordered from ELF around the end of last month when they had their 50% off studio line... I'm still waiting tho! It's only been a little over a week since they shipped it, I can't wait to received it! I ordered the 2 studio brushes that you got :)

    Marie
    marielovesmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ELF haul! The polishes look awesome! I haven't ordered any ELF brushes recently. These brushes look great! I may have to browse their brushes again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Mineral brush just LOOKS amazingly soft. Does that make sense? XD

    ReplyDelete