Wednesday 8 December 2010

The Morbid The Merrier Haul/Review

Hi ladies! Two packages from Santa came for me today. ;) One was my e.l.f haul and the other was my purchase from The Morbid The Merrier. I purchased 4 lip balms after checking out the site and seeing such yummy looking and unique flavors. I only just recently heard about this company, but here's the website, you guys should check them out if you haven't! I could be completely wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's run and owned by a woman named Lysa, and I think she does it all on her own!

Link: http://www.themorbidthemerrier.com/


I LOVE the packaging. And I love the little details she adds in, like the candy (a pack of Smarties and a Pixie Stick) and the Thank You Card, that's handwritten:
This is something you just simply wouldn't/don't see with big companies. This woman clearly puts a lot of work into this business and I love it. =)

The Goodies (I apologize for the flash blocking out the names, but I needed the extra light!) :
Funnel Cake, Caramel Apple, Caramel Latte, Spiced Pear, and Cherry Apple. I ordered two from the Harlot collection, which is supposed to be carnival inspired flavors, and two from the Christmas line which is called Allegory. I hadn't actually ordered Caramel Apple, I ordered Sweet Cream & Honey, but I'm not sure if they were sold out or what, but I have absolutely NO complaints since it still smells amazing AND she threw in an extra lip balm for free! Also, if you follow Lysa's blog, you'll know she's going through a bit of a rough time at the moment, so the fact that she's still even shipping out packages is amazing. =)

Harlot Lip Balms:
Funnel Cake: Actually smells like fried dough! I also get a hint of chocolate, but I'm kind of terrible at explaining scents. Tehe.
Caramel Apple: Mmmm, smells like a delicious candy apple covered in caramel, which was always one of my favorite carnival treats. I don't care how bad it was for your teeth! Now I can enjoy this treat without the calories. ;)

Allegory Lip Balms:
These two are by far my favorite!
Caramel Latte: I'm not sure if it's become clear on this blog or not, but I'm kind of addicted to coffee...just a lil. And this smells ahmaaazing. If you're a coffee addict like me, GO BUY THIS.
Spiced Pear: Such a lovely and festive scent. This is the balm that first caught my attention and what convinced me that I needed these lip balms in my life!

SugarBaby Lip Balm:
Sugar Baby is described as the kid's line, but we all know there's lil kiddies inside all of us (sorry if that sounds creepy..).
Cherry Apple: A delish fruity scent!

I just wanted to take a picture showing the shape of the lip balms, because they're not your standard round lip balms:
I hold it horizontally to apply to my bottom lip and then vertically to apply to my top lip! Obviously you don't need directions from me on how to apply lip balm haha but you know! Just thought I'd share.

Overall, if you're a fan of lip balms, check out this site! They don't just sell lip balms, there's also some fragrances, etc. I already want to place another order...The scents are unique and well thought out and the lip balm is moitursizing and well, let's just say I've been constantly applying Spiced Pear and Caramel Latte all day since I received the package. And it's winter time, ladies, we all need that extra moisture with the nasty cold weather drying out our lips!

Also, check out the blog: http://www.themorbidthemerrier.blogspot.com/

Has anyone tried anything from this company before?

4 comments:

  1. These balms sound so good! I am a fan of TMTM, but I've only ordered fragrances. I'll have to try some of the balms with my next order! And I love how Lysa pays attention to little details like the candy and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might order a couple these sound awesome!! :-D I love getting handwritten notes! Concrete Minerals & Face Candy Couture sent me nice notes along with my product! its so much more personal ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this company before but I love lip balms so i'll have to have a look :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The packaging is adorable! It's amazingly detailed for something so small :3

    ReplyDelete