Sunday 5 December 2010

Holiday Lips


Hey ladies! Today I've got a post on some lipsticks/glosses that I think would work well with a Holiday inspired look. Now normally, I'm all for pink lipsticks, but in this post I tried to pick out some more of my less used lipsticks, aka, reddish ones. I feel like any type of red lip would work well for a Holiday party! Although I've included some more brighter pinks as well, cos I think those work well too. So I'm going to try and expand my horizons and use these lipsticks/glosses more during the holiday season. Even though today I'm wearing Shy Girl by MAC....lol, can you blame me, it's my first MAC lippy!

Anyways, here are my favorites from the bunch:

Maybelline Color Sensational in Pink Of Me and L'oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Luscious:
A plummy wine color that I think is great for winter.

No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Waterlily and Bourjois Effet 3D MAX Lipgloss in Rose Eclat:
A brighter/darker rose pink, if that's even possible, that's a great variation on the typical pink lip.

Mary Kay Lipstick in Mauve Elegance:
I know the name says Mauve, but to me it's a bright fuschia!
Swatches:
Then I've included ones that weren't my favorite but that work well too. The top three are from e.l.f and the bottom is a lip liner by No7 which I think works well with all of the lipsticks I've shown.
Which ones are your favorites?

3 comments:

  1. Love the first look with the Luscious Jelly Balm. Very wintery! I agree, Mauve Elegance looks like a bright fuschia! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Pink of Me and Gypsy are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete