Wednesday 1 December 2010

Barry M Freebies with Shout!

When I was browsing at the magazine rack in the shop the other day, as I often do, always looking for free goodies, I noticed that Shout was giving out a pack worth 14 pounds of Barry M goodies! I've been wanting to try one of their polishes for awhile, so I figured why not. 5 pounds is a bit pricey for a magazine, and it's clearly a bit young for me, haha, but I went for it anyways.
In the pack you get a shimmering body cream, a nail polish, a lipgloss, and a shimmering eye and lip crayon. It's certainly jam packed with shimmer; each item is shimmery and perfect for those Holiday parties!

Shimmering Body Creme:

I assume this is meant for all over your body (duh Lauren, that's what the name says) but I think it's great also for cheek highlight and under the brow. There's no chunky glitters, just pure shimmer.

Swatch:
Blended out:
On my cheek (sorry I look horrid, I had just faced the London cold, lol) :
Overall, I really like this product as a highlighter. It's not TOO intense for day time, but is still also great for night time, and I'm sure it looks great on any bit of your skin you're going to be showing. Which, in this cold, I sincerely hope is very little! ;)

Special Edition Glossy Tube: Super Shiny Lip Gloss in Shout:
Shout (at least I think that's the name, not all these products have names on them) is a bright coral pink color. It's not at all sticky on the lips, but does have a sickly sweet smell to it. It doesn't bother me that much, but it might some. I think it would add a great pop of color/shimmer to those brighter pink lipsticks. I don't think I'd wear this on it's own though, I'm just not that big of a fan of the color.

Swatch:
On the lips:
Shimmering Eye & Lip Crayon:
Now, I don't know about you, but when something says it's for both the eyes and lips, I get a little worried. But, I would compare this to something like Benefit's Eye Bright. It's great for under the brow or the inner corner of your eyes, and does make your eyes pop!

Swatch:
As for on the lips?.....:
Horrid, but hey, I suppose if you really wanted to stand out at a party, then go for it...haha.

Used under the brow and in the inner corners:
Nail Paint:
I don't know the name of this color, it doesn't say, so I'm not sure if you can actually buy these products or if they're special edition to the magazine, I really don't know, if you know the name then do let me know!
It's a lovely purply blue color with loads of shimmer! (How many times have I used some form of the word "shimmer" in this post??)

Applied to the nail, 2 coats:
It went on like a dream and only took two coats and the drying time was great.

Has anyone else seen this pack and picked it up? Or was I the only one silly enough to buy a 5 pound teen magazine?

3 comments:

  1. cool post! i love the swatches! L-) that nail color is to die for!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Laura!

    I did buy the magazine, even though I didnt read it!

    I read some reviews about the promo tha tSugar did last summer, the products were about the same, but in different colours. The only complaint people had were that the gloss was sticky...

    So I figured out the price was worth it, and I like those products! I havent tried the pencil on the lips yet... It doesnt look that bad on your picture. Maybe in a different light is different?

    ReplyDelete