Monday 20 December 2010

Snowed In! (the weekend from hell)


Hiya ladies. This is a bit of a non beauty post, but I just thought I'd share the experience I had with the snow this weekend. As I mentioned in my last post, I had a flight that was due to fly out to the US Saturday afternoon. When I woke up at 10 am Saturday morning, there was no snow. When I woke back up later, because the taxi man was calling to tell us to check our flight because most were cancelled, I looked outside and there was pleeenty of snow. So sadly my flight got cancelled. I then rebooked for Monday.....
...And if you've been watching the news or seen anything about the mess Heathrow is at the moment, you'll see where my story is going next. Today's flight has also been cancelled. And when I called up this time to rebook I was told nothing would be available until the 25th....Christmas Day....
So I immediately started bawling and my boyfriend took over the call for me and asked if there was anything we could do to get me home before Christmas. The lady said she could put me on a flight from Birmingham on the 22nd IF! (and this is a kicker, ladies) IF I paid a penalty fee of $1,800. In the heat of the moment, my mother and I were fine with the price, but then something happened and the lady hung up on us.
After having a chat with my twin sister, we agreed it would be silly to shell out $1,800 dollars for a flight the 22nd, especially when more snow is expected. So I rebooked for the 26th. I'm no longer upset about the situation anymore. The 25th is simply a date, simply a number, and me and my family can celebrate Christmas whenever we want. My family said they're going to put off Christmas until I get home. So for the meantime, I'm going to spend Christmas with my boyfriend and his family. So the way I see it, I get two Christmases!

And anyways, how can I be a little brat and whine about my situation when it's a lot better than most? A lot of people are still stuck at Heathrow, have no place to stay in London, and don't even know anybody here. I'm blessed that I even have a family to be spending Christmas with.

Always look on the bright side of life! DOO DOO DODO ODOO DO. Haha, sorry, my aunt sent me the video via FB when she found out about the situation.

Have any of you been affected badly by this snow?


3 comments:

  1. that's so sad that you have to wait but at least you get two christmasses like you've said :)
    my friends flying back home Connecticut and is stuck in new york, hope she gets back soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww ..... that sucks! Just try to stay positive and make the most of your situation. Two Christmases will be awesome! And its about celebrating with you family, so the date shouldn't matter. Hopefully the weather cooperates! And FIY: I hate snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks, but at least you should have a nice day with your SO's family :) I would be absolutely RAGING if I were at Heathrow right now. Those poor people :(

    ReplyDelete