Monday 27 December 2010

NOTD: Christmas Nails

I did this nail look a little while ago, but it's the look I did for the holiday parties with my boyfriend and his family.
Sorry I didn't photograph the nail polishes I used! But the green I used is China Glaze's Jolly Holly, the red is Ciate's Dangerous Affair, and the glitter is e.l.f's Glitter Glam. I used two coats of the red and green and one coat of the glitter.
I wasn't crazy about the overall look because e.l.f's Glitter Glam isn't really designed to be a top coat, not in my eyes anyways. It's too thick and opaque, so that if you apply it too heavy handedly, you end up not being able to see the color underneath. But anyways, it looked pretty enough and reminded me of Christmas ornaments!

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of painting my nails in a couple minutes. I'm thinking Jolly Holly with Party Hearty over the top. Christmas may technically be over, but it isn't for me! Hehe.

1 comment:

  1. It looks so christmassy, really funny!!
    sometimes I painted my nails with diferent shades. :)
    check out my blog, I hope you like it!
    xoxo

    http://white-lotusflower.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete