Tuesday 7 September 2010

BIG E.l.f Haul! (image heavy)

Yayyyy my e.l.f package came today! The delivery time was great. I ordered it after 4pm on Friday, so it was dispatched Monday, silly me, and it came today, Tuesday! After hearing great things about so many of their products, but never being able to find them back home in the US at my Targets, I decided to order them online. And here's what I got:


Lips:
Face:
Eyes:

Mineral Lipstick in Nicely Nude (3.50)
One of the products I heard great things about was the Mineral Lipstick, specifically the Nicely Nude shade. As you can probably tell, it's not actually a nude/beige color, but it's a gorgeous pink color with a bit of shimmer. I love it!

On the lips:

Super Glossy Lip Shine spf 15 in Angel (1.50)
I picked this out because I wanted a clear/sparkly gloss to put on over my lipsticks. I don't normally like cotton candy scents, but I don't mind this one. It's not overly sticky and feels nice on the lips.

On the lips:

Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Pink Lemonade (1.50)
While this isn't pigmented enough for me to call it a "liquid lipstick", it's lovely and great for those days when you want just a hint of color on your lips. It has a nice minty smell.

On the lips:
Swatches of all three:

Professional Shine Eraser (1.50)
I just got these really because I was close to the free shipping point and couldn't really think of what else I wanted, lol. Not sure how I feel about these yet. I like the fact that there's green tea in there, but when I used one I couldn't actually see the oil on the sheet like I can with other oil blotting sheets. We'll see though.

All Over Color Stick in Golden Peach (1.50)
Everyone raves about these and I figured I could use this color as a highlight under my eye. It's a really pretty color.

Blush and Bronzer Compact (3.50)
Another one of the products that I've heard a lot of great things about. I don't normally wear blush or bronzers, but lately I've been wanting to play around with them, and figured this was the perfect compact to start off with. Love the mirror as well!

Blushing, Bronzing and Blending Brush (1.50)
Since I don't have any brushes to apply blush/bronzer, I picked this up. Can't say much about how it works yet but it's certainly soft.

Swatches of the above:

Shimmer Eyeliner Pencils (1.50 each)
When I saw the swatches of these, I knew I had to get them. The colors are gorgeous and go on soo smooth. I can't wait to use them!

Mineral Eyeshadow (3.00 each)
I've been saying this about everything, haha, but another one of the e.l.f products I've heard good things about, and I can't help but agree. They're VERY pigmented and gorgeous colors. I already want more.

Liquid Eyeshadow in Sultry Satin (1.50)
I plan on using this as a base for my other eyeshadows.

Eye Shadow Brush (1.50)
I only have one eye shadow brush at the moment and it's slightly TOO big for my lids, so I figured this was the perfect size. I picked up two of them just cos they're so cheap. Very soft.

What do you guys think of the e.l.f brand?


8 comments:

  1. I havent tried elf yet but i want to. I have heard good things about it from peoples blogs on here How are yiu finding them?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite happy with them so far! Great quality for the price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats good. i might need to buy some and test them out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love everything you got <3
    And sure i can take add some swatches of the eyeshadows i got :)

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elf is a good brand. I've tried it on my sensitive skin and I haven't encountered any problems whatsoever.

    This is a great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, now thats what I call a haul! very nice selection! I love the ELF make up brushes and eye lash curlers. Also have a few great lip sticks and glosses that I couldnt live without.

    ELF is great for picking up little bits and pieces that you don't wanna spend a fortune on - lip liner is one of those things I always use but I dont feel the need to spend a lot on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do you think now of those brushes you got with this haul? I ordered them and they are in the mail but I'm just wondering what to expect. I have all the studio brushes, but this is the first of the regular line brushes I have purchased. Do you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Brittany Anne: I have to admit, I'm not fond of the blush brush, but it's fine for applying highlight color to my cheek.

    The eyeshadow brushes are good and do the job!

    ReplyDelete