Friday 17 September 2010

E.l.f Eyelid Primer Review

I bought this primer awhile ago at Target as a cheaper alternative to my Urban Decay Primer Potion. It only costs a dollar, but I think it's probably 1.50 pounds here in the UK. When I swatched it on my hands, I wasn't impressed with how thin the formula seemed, but I didn't give it a fair enough chance. Lately, I have been, and it hasn't disappointed me.

You need to make sure you really rub the product in and give it a moment or two to dry.


Below is what my eyeshadow looked like after a full day AND a nap, lol. Sorry I don't have a before photo.


As you can see, the shadow was smudged/faded a bit, but I think it's held up quite nicely in terms of a $1 primer! Clearly, it's no Urban Decay Primer Potion, but then again, it's a great, cheaper alternative and even better when you're not that bothered if your eyeshadow doesn't last ALLLL day.


I also tested the primer on my arm, using the blue shadow from my Sleek palette:
As you can see, the color is more vibrant with the primer.

And here, I've rubbed both with a bit of tissue paper:
The shadow applied with the elf primer clearly stays on better.

So overall? Thumbs up! If you can't afford the more expensive primers, this is a great alternative and even if you can, it's still a great product!

5 comments:

  1. very informative review! sounds good for just a dollar tbh! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to your page as suggested by Marie's Blog. Congratulations on your Sunshine Award.Love your blog. Hope we'll become fashionable friends. And follow each other. And please check and enter my Fendi Giveaway on the following link
    http://www.thedollsfactory.com/2010/09/fendi-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous you found this in person at your target! i hate buying things online but i think i might have to- i want to try the mineral eyeshadow primer, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ordered this product from elf, cant wait to try it out. Nice review :)

    xoxo Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I'm loving ut blog, I've started blogging recently n hav pretty similar stuff! Ive graduated from wmin last yr n stil not found a relevant job yet but makeup and beauty is my hobby n I love it!
    I just bought the ELF primer earlier this week and I found it no competition to UDPP as mentioned in my blog:
    http://frootibeauty.blogspot.com/
    (check the "ELF brand tryout" post)
    Thabks for the rubbing in tip.. Might give it another chance ;)

    ReplyDelete